As Germantown’s sustained growth pushes westward across Rosa L. Parks Boulevard, work has begun in earnest on the Gateway Germantown Development. Gateway Germantown is a 329-unit multifamily development rising five stories at the intersection of Garfield Street & Rosa Parks Blvd.
The three acre site will contain 70 studio apartments, 187 one-bedroom apartments, 72 two-bedroom apartments, and several amenities throughout the site. Here’s the quick rundown:
- What’s Now: Empty lot
- What’s Next: Multifamily Residential Development
- Developer: Lennar Multifamily Communities
- Architect: Dynamik Design
- Engineering Design: McVeigh & Mangum Engineering
- Location: 808 Garfield Street
- Capacity: 329 Residences with Amenities
Gateway Germantown’s site plan calls for three separate courtyards throughout the complex. The first of which will have grill areas and an open stretch of turf grass, the second will feature a pool with lounging space, and the third will have a more relaxed atmosphere featuring hammocks and an outdoor kitchen. Other development amenities include:
- Fitness center
- Amenity lounge
- Indoor/outdoor sky lounge with views of downtown from the fifth floor,
- Reservable office spaces throughout the building.
The concrete frame of the parking structure near the center of the development is nearly completed. Notably, the developer is using precast concrete beams instead of cast-in-place concrete for the parking deck; this can greatly reduce the amount of time needed to complete the structure.
Along the front of the property, foundation work is ongoing while plumbing and sewer tie-ins are installed for the ground floor units. Here is a look at construction progress as of June of 2021.
Be sure to check back for more on this and other Developments in and around Nashville!