Preliminary site activities have taken place at the Sky Nashville site in West Nashville. The site is located on the ridge that stretches along Trevor Street & where interstates 40 & 440 splits.
The site is zoned SP and was approved back in 2017. The development was approved for a max of 123 multifamily residential units. The approval also had a list of conditions that had to be met prior to final site plan approval. The map below provides illustrative context of the conditions, some of which include the following:
- Developer to install an East bound left turn lane on Charlotte Pike at 35th Avenue.
- Improvements per ST-252 standards on 35th Avenue North from the alley between Trevor & Felecia Streets south to Charlotte Pike. The improvements include a sidewalk on one side of the street.
- Trevor Street to be widened between 33rd & 35th Avenue to accommodate an 8 feet parking lane.
- A 5-feet sidewalk installed on one side of 33rd Avenue North from the South of the property to Charlotte Pike.
- Provide 12 affordable workforce units.
Here is a look at what was previously approved.
Overall, the development includes a mix of modern townhomes and flats along the ridge. The majority of homes will feature views of Midtown, Downtown, North, & West Nashville. There are also homes along Trevor Street. The homes along Trevor Street will include an 8-feet parking lane and will face the existing homes on Trevor Street.
The homes near the top of the ridge take advantage of the views of Midtown, Downtown, and North Nashville. The homes sit at an elevation lower than the multifamily building, by doing so, it allows for similar views for those residents. The multifamily building sits atop the ridge and features 360-degree views. It also features a swimming pool amenity. The images below provide an example of the homes along the top of the ridge.
The homes which cascade down the ridge have views of both North & West Nashville. This is achieved through the positioning of the homes. The positioning also allows for more flat streets which will improve pedestrian and vehicle circulation.
The development is still in its early stages, check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Be sure to subscribe for more on this and other developments In & Around Nashville!