New York real estate investment firm, The Sason Organization, unveiled its plans to revitalize the 5-story office building located at 2 Vantage Way in MetroCenter.
The existing building is undergoing a $3 million redevelopment and is being rebranded as The Ivy. Renovations include both exterior and interior improvements with hospitality-focused amenities. Lines Architecture, a local Nashville-based firm, is leading the design efforts. Here’s the quick rundown:
- What’s Now: Office Building
- What’s Next: Upgraded Building
- Developer: The Sason Organization
- Address: 2 vantage Way
- Architect: Lines Architecture
- Leasing: Jones Lang LaSalle – Sarah Pettigrew & Ashley Marshall
- 115,275 SF Office Building
- 3 Spec Suites on the 1st floor between 2,900 – 3,300 SF
- Flexible Office Floor Plates – Appox. 23,000 SF per floor.
- Surface Parking Lot
Upgrades to the existing building are aimed at creating an “urban refresh” of the Metro Center property. This also includes upgrades to building systems, a new roof, cooling tower and HVAC modernizations. Some of the more visual enhancements include:
- A complete exterior refresh with new paint, updated landscaping, entry canopy and signage package.
- A redesigned, modernized and activated lobby.
- A state-of-the-art fitness center.
- An indoor/outdoor tenant lounge with a health-inspired Grab n’ Go Market.
- A fully functional rooftop terrace that includes sweeping, unobstructed views of downtown – the first in Metrocenter and a rarity in Nashville overall – perfect for al fresco dining, meetings or company events.
Originally announced in 1971, Metrocenter is Nashville’s first Master Planned mixed-use Business community. The area is primarily subdivided into office, residential, distribution, retail, and automotive dealerships. It is also conveniently located just minutes from Downtown Nashville. New development activity has largely been multifamily and concentrated near the Greenways trail along the river.
“With an ever-expanding downtown radius, Metrocenter is on the cusp of becoming the next submarket in Nashville to rise. Investors with national portfolios – such as Sason – are proof that the stage is set for this area to become the premier live/work hub it was designed to become 40 years ago. The Ivy will serve as a catalyst to help make that vision a reality.”Joshua Sason, Principal at Sason
Although MetroCenter is only 13 blocks to Downtown, the infrastructure is largely suburban. This however provides an opportunity for the creative use of wide roadway medians, parking lots and existing buildings. The Sason Organization looks to jump start the urban refresh with this re-imagined Office space. Construction ongoing at The Ivy is expected to be complete around Fall of 2022.
Be sure to subscribe for more on this and other Developments In & Around Nashville!