Large-scale mixed-use developments are becoming a familiar occurrence in North Nashville. From West Trinity Lane to Clarksville Pike, these new developments will provide new residential density just minutes North of Downtown Nashville. 633 West Green Lane is a newly proposed mixed-use development. The development will occupy the property bounded by Whites Creek Pike & West Green Lane. It is also directly adjacent to Briley Parkway.
A request has been submitted to rezone from R10 and RS15 to SP zoning. Once approved, the request would permit a mixed-use development on the 78.22-acre site. The request was submitted by Catalyst Design Group on behalf of the Owner. Here’s the quick rundown:
633 West Green Lane Development
- What’s Now: Wooded Lot/ Previous Farm Land
- What’s Next: Mixed-use Development
- Developer: FITHGEN Nashville
- Planner: Catalyst Design Group
- Council District: 03 – Jennifer Gamble
- 60 Single Family Lots
- 50 Cottage Residences
- 16 Townhomes
- 24 Live/Work Townhomes
- 350 Apartments
- 45,000 SF of Commercial Uses
- 30.55 Acres of Open Space
The existing property consists of wooded areas and previous farm land. It is bounded by West Green Lane to the North, Whites Creek Pike to the East, Briley Parkway to the South, and a stretch of the actual Whites Creek to the West. Overall, the development intends to concentrate more dense development along Briley Parkway. Less density is planned abutting the existing residential along West Green Lane. The plan also proposes access that aligns with Green Lane.
The development proposes 3 development Districts throughout the 78-acre property:
- District 1 – Development uses in District 1 includes Mixed-use Commercial, Retail, Office, Live/Work Residences and Townhomes. The residential unit count is inclusive of the Live/Work Units. District 1 is primarily fronting Whites Creek Pike and a portion of West Green Lane.
- District 2 – Development uses in District 2 include single family & cottage residences with a max of 3 stories. The homes are primarily located along West Green Lane.
- District 3 – Development uses in District 3 consists of low-rise multifamily Flats & Apartments. The apartments are primarily located facing Briley parkway.
In addition to the Development Districts, the plan proposes tree preservation areas and open space on the site. The images below provide illustrative context on the look and feel of the development.
633 West Green Lane is scheduled for the 6/23/2022 Metro Planning Agenda. Be sure to Subscribe for more on this & Other Developments In & Around Nashville!